SHY Martin is without doubt one of the singer-songwriter acts we’re actually enthusiastic about at Simply Jared, and we wish our readers to know her even higher!
The rising Swedish star has already cemented herself within the trade as a co-writer and vocalist on main tracks like Mike Perry‘s “The Ocean,” Kygo and Ellie Goulding‘s “First Time,” Bebe Rexha‘s “(Not The One),” The Chainsmokers‘ “All We Know,” amongst many others.
Right this moment (August 7), she releases her personal Unhappy Songs EP, a set of songs that she felt had been extra “stripped down and private.”
“I needed to return to that very same feeling of after I first began writing songs on my guitar. All of those songs had been written in numerous combos of individuals I like working with in Sweden,” she explains.
“The title of the EP ‘Unhappy Songs’ truly got here from the working title of ‘Lose You Too’ and caught with me for some motive. At first it was solely a joke since I all the time find yourself writing unhappy songs. However after residing with it for a while, it felt like the right identify of this EP because it solely has unhappy songs on it. I used to be purported to do a whole lot of touring this 12 months however needed to postpone the entire exhibits due to COVID-19. It’s unhappy in a manner however I’ve truthfully actually loved this time being in Sweden. It’s given me the chance to spend extra time within the studio engaged on upcoming songs and writing for different artists which has been tremendous enjoyable. I’ve additionally had extra time with my buddies right here in Stockholm and a while to relaxation. Till I’m in a position to journey once more I’m gonna spend as a lot time as I can within the studio writing and recording, which can be the place I really feel most snug.”
The EP additionally contains her new single “Are you content?” – and you may take a look at the accompanying music video inside.
Get to know SHY Martin higher with these 10 Enjoyable Details…
- 1. The final three months, I’ve been taking part in Yahtzee at the very least as soon as a day. I randomly discovered the sport at an AirBNB a number of months again when me and a few buddies went to the countryside to shoot a music video. Since then I’ve been obsessed ha! It’s simply such a pleasant strategy to begin the day with some espresso and Yahtzee.
- 2. I all the time find yourself watching movies of child animals on YouTube earlier than I fall asleep. It makes me calm and completely satisfied.
- 3. I’ve a twin brother known as Martin. He was very shy as a child and I used to be the other, all the time singing and making noise. So the identify ‘Shy Martin’ truly comes from that.
- 4. I grew up in a small village in southern Sweden with solely 500 residents. It’s an excellent lovely place with a whole lot of nature. After I was a child I spent a whole lot of time within the forest and typically I needed to ski to go to my buddies!
- 5. I had a tonsil operation again in 2015. It was proper earlier than me and my boyfriend wrote “The Ocean” with Mike Perry on my sofa. I truly recorded the vocals in my tiny walk-in closet proper after the operation. So the vocals you hear on the track is definitely a one-take finished from the closet, as I wasn’t purported to be singing on the time.
- 6. My photographer and videographer is definitely my huge brother Hampus! He makes all of my visuals, together with my cowl artwork. We’ve been working collectively since 2017.
- 7. Me and my boyfriend wrote “All We Know” [The Chainsmokers] on my mother and father’ sofa two hours earlier than taking the practice again to Stockholm after spending the weekend at my household’s home. This was every week after we wrote “The Ocean” and these two songs began our careers as songwriters.
- 8. I’m obsessive about writing lists. I believe I acquired it from my mum. She’s all the time written to-do lists and all kinds of different lists. I’m very simply distracted and find yourself multitasking lots, so writing lists helps me clear my thoughts and ensure I do stuff. I’ve most likely written 1000’s of lists in my life.
- 9. I’m additionally a songwriter, so I truly spend nearly all of my time within the studio writing songs for different artists.
- 10. I hate speaking on the telephone. I’ve all the time discovered it simpler to get my ideas down in textual content. Which can be the explanation why I began writing songs.
Click on inside to learn the remainder of the 10 Enjoyable Details…