With music followers responsibly self-isolating and social distancing and venues on lockdown, artists are discovering artistic methods to navigate the coronavirus outbreak and its profound affect on the leisure industries. That will help you maintain monitor, Pitchfork is rounding up a each day slate of live performance streams, digital gatherings, neighborhood help efforts, and different endeavors artists are endeavor to help everybody’s wellness. Verify again to this web page every single day for brand new listings and recaps.
Monday, Could 18, 2020
- The Nationwide: One other installment within the Nationwide’s “An Thrilling Communal Occasion” sequence will debut at 5 p.m. Japanese. A dwell live performance from their archives will stream on YouTube, because the band raises cash for members of their crew.
Wednesday, Could 20, 2020
- Joe Pera: A brand new particular from comic Joe Pera, the thoughts behind Joe Pera Talks With You, is coming to Grownup Swim. It’s referred to as Enjoyable Outdated Footage With Joe Pera, and it was introduced this week with a fittingly soothing visible.
Thursday, Could 21, 2020
- Ben Gibbard: Ben Gibbard’s Dwell From House sequence continues at 7 p.m. Japanese.
- Battle for NYC: Overcoats have curated the Battle for NYC—a profit pageant that includes Porches, TORRES, Adam Melchor, and Margaret Glaspy. It’s elevating cash for NYC’s Affiliation to Profit Youngsters. It’ll stream on Amazon Music’s Twitch beginning at 7 p.m. Japanese.
Friday, Could 22, 2020 – Sunday, Could 24, 2020
- DGTL LIB: A digital Lightning in a Bottle Fest is happening on-line. Kaytranada, Glitch Mob, CloZee, Shiba San, TOKiMONSTA, Beats Vintage, Mr. Carmack, Opiuo, Justin Jay, Funk Hunters, Rinzen, Monolink, Dirtwire, Elephant Coronary heart, and Patricio are all set to carry out. Watch it right here.
Sunday, Could 24, 2020
- Memorial Day Meltdown: The punk and storage rock labels Goner, Burger, and Slovenly are teaming up for a 12-hour Memorial Day Meltdown livestream. Beginning at 12 p.m. Japanese, it’s set to function performances from CHAI, Nobunny, Paul Collins, Cosmonauts, Jack Oblivian and the Sheiks, Human Eye, Aquarian Blood, Hash Redactor, Bloodshot Invoice, and extra. Discover extra data right here.
- One World House Social gathering: Haruomi Hosono, Minyo Crusaders, Jerry Paper, and extra will carry out on One World House Social gathering at 12 p.m. Japan Commonplace Time (or 11 p.m. Japanese on Saturday evening). Discover extra data right here.
Thursday, Could 28, 2020
- Questlove: Questlove is ready to host a one-hour potluck particular on Meals Community to boost cash for America’s Meals Fund. The potluck particular will function Black Thought, Bun B, Hannibal Burress, Tiffany Haddish, and extra. Watch it at 10 p.m. Japanese.
Friday, Could 29, 2020
- Sharon Van Etten: To rejoice the 10th anniversary of as a result of i used to be in love, Sharon Van Etten will carry out the album in its entirety throughout a livestream from residence. Ticket proceeds will go to her band, her crew, and the Nationwide Unbiased Venue Affiliation. It begins at 5 p.m. Japanese. Seize tickets right here.
Tuesday, Could 12, 2020
- Hamilton Leithauser: At Three p.m. Japanese, Hamilton Leithauser will carry out a digital in-studio session for KEXP. Tune in at KEXP’s YouTube channel.
- Silversun Pickups: Silversun Pickups have launched a video sequence that includes archival soundcheck performances. Watch the primary installment under.
Wednesday, Could 13, 2020
- Iggy Pop: The punk legend’s 2016 present on the Royal Albert Corridor—with a band together with Josh Homme and Arctic Monkeys’ Matt Helders—will air at Three p.m. Japanese for its four-year anniversary. Watch it on YouTube.
Thursday, Could 14, 2020
- Radiohead: At 9 a.m. Japanese, the band’s weekly live performance reruns proceed with their Summer season Sonic set from 2016. Watch it on YouTube.
- Prince: “Prince and the Revolution: Dwell” was filmed in 1985 on the Provider Dome in Syracuse, New York, throughout the Purple Rain Tour. At 9 p.m. Japanese, it streams on YouTube, as The New York Occasions factors out; tune in an hour early to look at a Q&A with the Revolution drummer Bobby Z.
- Japanese Breakfast: At 7 p.m. Japanese, Japanese Breakfast will throw a ticketed livestream live performance to profit her band and touring crew. New songs, particular covers, and merch designed particularly for the occasion have been promised. Seize tickets right here.
Friday, Could 15, 2020
- Within the Home: On Friday at 5 p.m. Japanese, Doja Cat will discuss her music, Snoop Dogg will prepare dinner his favourite breakfast, Alicia Keys will demonstrates her go-to exercise, and extra on Houseparty’s “Within the Home” digital occasion. Discover extra particulars right here.
- Queen: Queen will livestream the 1992 Freddie Mercury Tribute Live performance for 48 hours beginning at 2 p.m. Japanese on Friday. The livestream will broadcast on Queen’s official YouTube account. The band hopes to boost consciousness for AIDS with the livestream, which options footage of performances by David Bowie, Roger Daltrey, George Michael, Elton John, and others.
Saturday, Could 16, 2020
Monday, Could 18, 2020
- Ian Curtis tribute: Bernard Sumner and Stephen Morris will participate in a tribute to their late Pleasure Division bandmate Ian Curtis on the 40th anniversary of his demise. The Killers’ Brandon Flowers, Elbow, Kodaline, and extra may also take part. Nearly all of donations will go to the charity Manchester Thoughts. Watch it right here.
- Michael Brun’s Flag Day: Haitian producer and DJ Michael Brun is launching a dwell stream to rejoice Haitian Flag Day (and his birthday) from 2 p.m. to Four p.m. Japanese on Monday. The digital occasion will probably be out there to view on Brun’s Instagram account, and have visitors together with J. Balvin, Mr. Eazi, Win Butler of Arcade Hearth, Jojo, and extra.
Tuesday, Could 19, 2020
- Secure and Sound Profit Live performance: Beginning at Eight p.m. Japanese, the Nationwide’s Matt Berninger, Frank Turner, Seaside Bunny, and extra will peform throughout the Secure and Sound profit live performance which can increase funds for Secure Place for Youth. You may RSVP to look at the occasion right here.
Monday, April 27, 2020
- Ariana Grande: The month-to-month SubCulture live performance sequence will placed on a digital live performance from present creative resident Jason Robert Brown, that includes Ariana Grande and Shoshana Bean. The livestream will probably be out there to all; Brown is encouraging donations to the SubCulture Aid Fund for the venue and its employees. Stream it right here at Eight p.m. Japanese.
- Brittany Howard: Brittany Howard will takeover SiriusXM’s the Spectrum beginning April 27 via Could 15. Discover particulars right here.
- John Doe: John Doe is performing a set at 9 p.m. Japanese on Spin’s Instagram.
- Metallica: Metallica are persevering with their Metallica Mondays sequence by streaming footage from a 1991 live performance on YouTube. The stream kicks off at Eight p.m. Japanese.
- The Nationwide: Like they all the time do right now (5 p.m. Japanese)… the Nationwide are internet hosting their “Thrilling Communal Occasion.”
Tuesday, April 28, 2020
Wednesday, April 29, 2020
- FKA twigs: FKA twigs is internet hosting a motion apply dwell on Instagram at 7 a.m. Japanese.
- Joan Shelley and Nathan Salsburg: Joan Shelley and Nathan Salsburg will play a set on Fb and Instagram Dwell at 7 p.m. Japanese. The efficiency is in collaboration with Duke Arts and WXDU Durham.
- Nilüfer Yanya: Pitchfork’s Instagram Dwell sequence continues this week with Nilüfer Yanya acting at Four p.m. Japanese.
- Offset and Mates: Offset, Younger Thug, Wealthy the Child, and extra will livestream performances to profit the Atlanta Group Meals Financial institution on Oculus Venues and Fb.
Thursday, April 30, 2020
- Radiohead: Tonight’s installment of their weekly sequence of live performance reruns is the band’s 2012 Coachella set. Watch it on YouTube from 5 p.m. Japanese.
- Benjamin Gibbard: Each week, Loss of life Cab for Cutie’s Benjamin Gibbard performs from residence at 7 p.m. Japanese.
- Robyn: Robyn goes dwell on TikTok at 2 p.m. Japanese
- Nadine Shah: From Four p.m. Japanese, Nadine Shah kicks off a sequence wherein she interviews music journalists, beginning with the Quietus’s John Doran. “Very excited to launch a brand new sequence of IG Dwell conversations the place I will probably be interviewing music journalists,” she says. “They’re those with all of the correctly nitty gritty tales.” Discover it on Instagram.
- House Songs: Sting, Greatest Coast’s Bethany Cosentino, Lukas Nelson, Vagabon, Dan Deacon, and Ben Gibbard are among the many performers of the Nationwide Air and House Museum’s House Songs digital live performance. It’s streaming right here at Eight p.m. Japanese.
Friday, Could 1, 2020
- The 1975: Matty Healy and the band will host a listening occasion for the debut album at 2 p.m. Japanese, presumably by way of their social media channels.
- Porches: From 1 p.m. Japanese, Porches will carry out on La Blogothèque’s Instagram Dwell.
- Name to Unite: From Eight p.m. Japanese on Friday Could, 1 to eight p.m. Japanese on Saturday, Could 2, over 200 celebrities, artists, and entertainers will seem on the Name to Unite 24-hour livestream occasion, that includes Questlove, Widespread, Alanis Morissette, Quincy Jones, LeAnn Rimes, and lots of others. Tune in right here, or on Twitch, Fb, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and SiriusXM Stars channel 109.
- Christine and the Queens: At 6 p.m. Japanese, Chris will be a part of Mark Ronson’s “Love Lockdown” stream. Watch it on the YouTube Music Instagram web page.
- Dan Deacon: Dan Deacon will probably be in dialog with Franki Chan on the IHEARTCOMIX Instagram Dwell stream. It begins at 10 p.m. Japanese.
- Frankie Cosmos: Greta Kline is again together with her weekly Friday livestream. Discover it at 9 p.m. Japanese on Frankie Cosmos’ Instagram.
- Hamilton Leithauser: At 6 p.m. Japanese, Hamilton Leithauser will carry out Pitchfork’s second Instagram Dwell session of the week.
- Love From Philly: From Could 1-3, a digital pageant will increase cash for Philadelphia’s leisure neighborhood. Kurt Vile is headlining, and different performers embrace Schoolly D, Man Man, Philadelphia Freeway, and extra. Stream it and donate right here.
- Pussy Riot: Pussy Riot are doing a Boiler Room set at Three p.m. Japanese. Watch over at Boiler Room.
- Pink Bull Data Digital Pageant: Pink Bull Data will host its inaugural digital pageant, streaming dwell on Fb, YouTube, and Twitch beginning 2 p.m. Japanese on Friday, Could 1. The pageant will probably be hosted by DJ Hannah Rad and have units from the Aces, Beartooth, Blxst, Flawes, Unhappy Alex, and extra.
- Robert Fripp: Fripp is releasing a brand new “Music for Quiet Moments” soundscape each Friday.
Saturday, Could 2, 2020
- NTS Radio’s Distant Utopias: NTS Radio is broadcasting a 24-hour occasion referred to as “Distant Utopias.” It kicks off at 5 a.m. Japanese and options contributions from Tame Impala, Klein, Jonah Hill, Weyes Blood, JPEGMAFIA, and extra.
Sunday, Could 3, 2020
- AC Milan: Italian soccer group AC Milan has recruited some high-profile American artists to carry out a digital live performance, elevating funds for Direct Aid and Milan’s philanthropic basis. Artists on the lineup embrace Alicia Keys, Kelly Rowland, Robin Thicke, and extra, with DJ Khaled set to co-host with Italian tv character Diletta Leotta. Watch it at Three p.m. Japanese right here.
- Bang on a Can: The New York-based up to date classical music group Bang on a Can has introduced an all-day marathon of livestreamed at-home performances. The schedule contains world premieres of newly commissioned work by Dai Wei, Shara Nova, Molly Joyce, and Ken Thomson, in addition to performances by Moor Mom and Ian Chang. Tune in right here starting at Three p.m. Japanese
Monday, Could 4, 2020
- The Drums: Jonny Pierce from the Drums will lead a guided meditation on a Zoom. Test it out right here at 12 a.m. Japanese.
- Florence and the Machine: Florence and the Machine will carry out a set throughout A Second With the Met”—a livestream celebrating the annual Met Gala, which usually takes place on the primary Monday in Could annually. There may also be an deal with by Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour, and a DJ set from Virgil Abloh. Tune in at 6 p.m. Japanese on YouTube.
- Stars: Members of the band will probably be performing dwell on Instagram at 9 p.m. Japanese.
Tuesday, Could 5, 2020
- The 1975: The band will probably be having a listening occasion for his or her second album, I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Lovely but So Unaware of It. Take a look at the occasions right here.
- Books Are Magic: Books Are Magic is popping 3, and to rejoice they’re internet hosting a digital speak present with Creator Lauren Graham (All Adults Right here), which can embrace musical performances by Sharon Van Etten and Stephin Merritt. You may register for the Zoom occasion right here.
- Brittany Howard: Brittany Howard will curate a brand new Sonos radio station. Tune in to “The Encyclopedia of Brittany.”
- Robyn: Konichiwa TV returns with one other DJ set from Robyn at 9 p.m. Central on YouTube, Fb, Twitch, and Twitter.
- Wilco: I Am Making an attempt to Break Your Coronary heart, the documentary concerning the making of Wilco’s Yankee Lodge Foxtrot, is streaming at no cost this week. Proceeds will probably be donated to My Block, My Hood, My Metropolis.
- Yaeji: Yaeji & Mates will probably be internet hosting Membership Quarantine at 9:00 p.m. Japanese. See extra particulars right here.
Thursday, Could 7, 2020
- The 1975 Tribute Live performance: Phoebe Bridgers, Rina Sawayama, Clairo, Beabadoobee, and extra are collaborating in a tribute live performance for the 1975. It takes place beginning at 11 a.m. Japanese on the Face’s Instagram.
- Ben Gibbard: Ben Gibbard will carry out an all Beatles covers set at 7 p.m. Japanese. Tune in right here.
Friday, Could 8, 2020
- AETH3R: Alice Glass, Pussy Riot, Rina Sawayama, Uffie, Kreayshawn, and extra will take part within the newest profit live performance inside Minecraft. Proceeds go to the Groundswell Fund. Be taught extra right here.
- Digital LemonAid: David Byrne, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Meredith Monk, Stewart Copeland, Daniel Rossen, Fred Schneider, and extra will take part in northern New Mexico’s COVID-19 aid pageant, Digital LemonAid. It begins at 10 p.m. Japanese. Nearly all of the proceeds will go to All Collectively New Mexico Fund and the Santa Fe County Join Fund. Discover extra data right here.
Saturday, Could 9, 2020
- Caroline Polachek: The newest musician to make a visitor DJ look within the on-going on-line Zoom occasion sequence Membership Quarantine will probably be Caroline Polachek. The occasion begins at 6 p.m. Japanese; discover extra particulars right here.
- Erykah Badu and Jill Scott: Erykah Badu and Jill Scott will have interaction in a rap battle at 7 p.m. Japanese on Saturday, Could 9. The singer-songwriters will DJ their very own songs for the face-off.
- Leaving Data: The label’s newest Hear To Music Safely In Your House Subsequent To A Fern occasion will air at 1 p.m. Pacific on Twitch. It is going to function Flying Lotus, Seiho, Low Leaf, Elliot Bergman, Xlya, and Sunmoonstar.
- Matthew Expensive: Digital artist Matthew Expensive will educate Ableton Dwell at 2 p.m. Japanese throughout a LiveStack studio session.
Sunday, Could 10, 2020
- Disney: Donald Glover, Idina Menzel, Shakira, Halsey, Josh Gad, Miguel, Keke Palmer, Seth Rogen, and lots of extra actors and musicians have been tapped to take part in “Disney Household Singalong: Quantity II,” which can see them give renditions of their favourite Disney songs. Glover is ready to reprise “Hakuna Matata” alongside castmates Rogen and Billy Eichner. Catch it on ABC at 7 p.m. Japanese.
- Carl Cox: The British home and techno producer has launched a brand new weekly updating playlist with the promise of “surprises” going ahead. “I needed to do that playlist to share all of the wonderful music I get every day and to actually construct power in our neighborhood in these difficult occasions,” he stated in an announcement.
- Drag Metropolis: The unbiased Chicago label made a “squeaky clear” playlist referred to as “Disinfecting Wipes” in hopes of soothing fears and wiping the slate clear. It additionally made a two-hour playlist of tracks by the band Bitchin Bajas for yoga functions.
- Hamilton Leithauser: Leithauser is inviting followers to his “quarantine hell” and taking strategies for his “out of tune guitars” playlist.
- Jamie xx: Jamie’s new playlist “Performed By Jamie xx” options songs he’s “been enjoying out and at residence, new & outdated.” He encourages followers to help the artists within the playlists straight.
- Kevin Drew: Damaged Social Scene’s Kevin Drew has created the Calm Jams for the Occasions of Now playlist. The primary version options his favourite ambient works.
- Gentle within the Attic Data: Reissue label Gentle within the Attic is crowdsourcing tunes for its new playlist Calm within the Attic: An Ambient Playlist for Nerve-racking Occasions.
- Matt Berninger: The Nationwide’s Matt Berninger has launched the Social Distancing Distortion playlist to assist folks “keep wholesome, physique and thoughts.”
- Matty Healy: The 1975’s Matty Healy has a brand new isolation playlist, “At About 6-7,” kicking off with Arab Strap’s “The First Large Weekend” and that includes everybody from Frank Ocean and Radiohead to Les Rallizes Dénudés and Astrud Gilberto. He plans to maintain the playlist updated.
- Neon Indian: A brand new Italo disco combine from Alan Palomo was made in an effort to boost cash for COVID-19 aid in Syracuse, Italy. Donate right here.
- Phoebe Bridgers: The Stranger within the Alps singer-songwriter tipped her cap to Bhad Bhabie with a cheeky isolation playlist that performs on the phrase that made Danielle Bregoli well-known.
- The Prince Property: A brand new fan-curated Prince playlist referred to as “Prince ♡ Music Is Drugs” has arrived courtesy of his property. “Prince as soon as stated, ‘Emotionally, I keep centered via music. It’s the very best drugs on this planet,’” the property wrote in an announcement. “On this second of uncertainty, followers from all over the world got here collectively to assist curate this career-spanning record of Prince’s most uplifting, therapeutic, and feel-good songs.”
- Wealthy Brian: Wealthy Brian made a self-isolation playlist for HYPEBEAST. It options Kendrick Lamar, JAY-Z, Infantile Gambino, JPEGMAFIA, and extra.
- Steve Gunn: The guitarist and songwriter shared Inside Out, a playlist that includes music by Ennio Morricone, Psychic TV, Robert Wyatt, and extra.
- Turnover: The core members of Turnover are making a collaborative weekly playlist each Friday from their respective properties in California, Virginia, and Brooklyn.
- Wilco: “Wilco Recommends” that you simply try new Fiona Apple, Ed O’Brien, and extra.
- 100 gecs: The gecs be a part of the playlist sport. “ear potions,” the duo writes. “its music idk….”
This text was initially revealed on Monday, April 27 at 9:52 a.m. Japanese. It was final up to date on Monday, Could 11 at 10:05 a.m Japanese.
Initially Appeared on Pitchfork